Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

We Don't Got No Steenking Joy


"Joy," unless used facetiously, as in "Oh, joy," isn't a routine part of my vocabulary.

Neither are the following words: amusement, bliss, cheer, comfort, delectation, delight, ecstasy, elation, exaltation, exultation, exulting, felicity, gaiety, gladness, glee, good humor, gratification, happiness, hilarity, humor, jubilance, liveliness, merriment, mirth, pleasure, rapture, regalement, rejoicing, revelry, satisfaction, wonder.

At least according to a search of this blog as per a Joy-Meme tag by Eugie Foster. "Search your blog for the word 'joy' used in the context of 'happiness.' If you cannot find the word in your weblog, you may use any of the select list of synonyms above."

So I dug up a few posts regarding my favorite things:

First I revisited a posting about The Rat Dog. More than a decade ago, I went to the animal shelter in search of a miniature duchsund, and came home with a scruffy little terrier. Though she looks like an obnoxious scrappy, yappy dog, she is the sweetest creature I have ever met. Like all pets, she's destined to break my heart, but she's a daily source of joy.

Last, but not least is the saint who married this lunatic. One day, while blog surfing, I was struck by how often women mistake jewelry and bling for love. Several decades ago, a man's ability to purchase shiny things might have proven his earning ability. Nowadays, it just means he has a high tolerance for credit card debt.

I don't get the usual sissy-crap for Valentines. This year's gift was Bob the Bionicle, defender of my workspace (above). I put him together all by myself, with no pieces left over.

So who/what makes you smile? If ya wanna play, consider yourself tagged.

Writing...
Got dance music station on the XM, which has turned into good mindless writing music. Will log off for part of day and (one hopes) finish the last of the revisions of first two thirds of W.I.P. Then on to new wordage.

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005