Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What's That Smell?

Ah, Fall in New Mexico. When the air is filled with the tantalizing smell of roasting chile.

*Sniffs*

Oh, wait. That's not chile.

Crap. I set myself on fire again.

Occupational hazard of working with welders and plasma torches.

Coming up, we've got two Art in the Park shows and a holiday show over the Thanksgiving weekend. If my motto wasn't "Why do today what you can procrastinate tomorrow," I'd already have a vast inventory of metal objects d'art.

But this is me. As of the last show, I was coasting along on the fumes of last year's unsold art. But it had to go and get itself sold last month. Now I've got a scant two months to make all kinds of lovely metal tchochkes for the holiday show.

What's that smell? Panic.

(Pictured: Mountain goats. Media: Steel.)

Labels: , ,

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005