Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Ahn-You-Eee

I'm neck-deep in a reading slump right now.

Recently slogged through the very disappointing The Spy Master's Lady by Joanna Bourne. Where a wonderful, resourceful, and blind heroine gets her sight back and turns into a gibbering feeb.

Had to bail on Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde. Love the Eyre Affair, but its sequel was going nowhere fast.

Currently midway through Linnea Sinclair's Gabriel's Ghost. I really expected to love this. Space opera? Romance? Sign me up. Except, as usual, I'm not lovin' the hero. Actually, I find myself shipping the heroine, Chaz, with Ren, the blue-skinned alien. If Sinclair has written a story where Ren gets the girl, I'm all over it.

At the moment, I'm finding this, a zillion times more compelling than any published tome.

Labels: ,

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005