Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Because I'm Old


The mantra around our house:

"She's old."

Here the Rat Dog has forced the J-Man to abandon the table and she is putting footprints on my latest sketches.

"Bad dog, get off the table!"

And she stares back, enjoying one benefit of going deaf--"If I can't hear you, you can't scold me."

Technically I'm in a foul mood. Made the mistake of poking around in politics this morning and got good and disgusted. Revolted by an idiot Preznit who, in the face of real shit that needs fixing, instead decides to placate the religious sheep (baaa!) by writing bigotry into the Constitution. Debated a good old rant on the issue. Moved on, because I have writing to do. Maybe tomorrow.

Found this picture in the camera and perked up. And, uh, no, I don't know what's up with my man's hair. He's developed a scissor phobia and has been getting fluffier every day. Maybe he's trying to grow a flowing mane like a romance novel hero. Hee.

Monday. No, not again.
P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005