Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pray For

On the national day of prayer, I'm burning incense and praying to my heathen gods for:

-A fully operational Death Star.

-A ten foot wall between mine and my neighbor's property with broken glass on top--Mexican security. Si, se puede.

-A real pool boy. (As opposed to imaginary pool boy.)

-To never have to see David Blaine again. Ever. I mean it. Evah.

-To see Kate Holmes, in a fit of post partum depression, beat Tom Cruise to death, cheered on by Brooke Shields. Dear God, I'd pay to see that.

-Properly functioning belts for all plumbers and other men with a "crack" problem.

-A team of illegal immigrant midget acrobats to clean my house.

-Legalized gay marriage, because with all the fundies' heads exploding, it would be like the Fourth of July.

-Real fireworks, the kind that can blow off fingers and take out an eye, not the wimpy crap like sparklers.

-A devine ass kicking for anyone who excuses the greed of corporate CEOs by saying, "But they deserve huge paychecks. They work hard for their money." What? And I don't? Fuck you.

-A phone that shoots an electric charge through the line, zapping any telemarketer that calls.

-"As Seen on TV" merchandise that actually does what it's supposed to.

-To not be so gullible and quit buying "As Seen on TV" informercial crap.

-That anyone who extolls the "good old days," i.e., the 50s, be transported back to the 50s, in the form of a Black man.

-My own island.

***LOST***
OMG! Anna Lucia is dead ("Lost")! D.E.A.D. Did the producers of the series get tired of bailing Michele Rodriguez out of jail?

And I love Hurley. I love any man that can make a "Say Anything" movie reference.

***
If you're feeling "toony," this week I'm reading the following most excellent web comics:
Errant Story (flying talking cats, elves and assassins.)
No Need for Bushido(I had a hard time getting into this from the beginning. So I read it backwards. I think the artist/writer just needed some time to get into the groove. Funny stuff.)
Sokora Refugees (Lots of gratuitous titties, if you like that sort of thing...ahem.)

And there is a new episode of Platinum Grit up (Jeremy does science), and the new Copper is wonderfully profound as always.

Cheers,
P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005