Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

More Booky-ness

In case the universe hasn't had enough of my faux-literary opinions, I got tagged by JuneBugg.

Per the instructions I'm to look at the list of books below, bold the ones I've read, italicize the ones I might read, cross out the ones I won't read, underline the ones on my book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones I've never even heard of.

(I don't like using Underlines in html, so I'm substituting asterix* to indicate books I own.)

The Da Vinci Code-Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
*The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams*
The Great Gatsby - Scott F. Fitzgerald
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
*His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman*
*Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling*
The Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
*The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien*
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell
*Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling*
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
(The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
(The Secret History - Donna Tartt)
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis
(Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides)
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
(Atonement - Ian McEwan)
(The Shadow of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert
(Sula - Toni Morrison)
Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier
(The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo)
(White Teeth - Zadie Smith)
(The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton)
(Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)
Songs of Innocence and Experience - William Blake
(Adultery and Other Choices - Andre Dubus)
The Iliad and The Odyssey - Homer
(The Stone Angel - Margaret Laurence)
(Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Haruki Murakami)
(Swann's Way - Marcel Proust, translated by Lydia Davis)
(The Angel of Forgetfulness - Steve Stern)

I haven't heard of most of the last half of the list. I don't own many on the list, although I should add To Kill a Mockingbird to my bookshelf. I actually liked it when forced to read it in high school.

Monday, yuck. (Technically Sunday, but my weekend is about over.)
P.K.


 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005