Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sloppy Seconds

She iz zo sharp....zo dangerous, like a pudding-bag full of knives.


Mmmm. Sexy. If you're a Jagermonster.

I find that often, the thing that brings sucks me into a storyline, whether on screen or on paper, is the secondary characters. Case in point, Girl Genius, the comic. I like Agatha Clay, the girl genius of the title. Ditto Gil Wolfenbach, hottie and evil baron-in-training.

But I lurves the Jagermonsters (best panel ever). Strange, bloodthirsty, bon vivants totally rawk my world. Typical internal dialogue while reading the comic's latest offering: "Yeah, uh-huh. Cool. Needs more Jagermonsters."

Of course, I also get all tingly for villains. That's why "Lost's" Sayid the merry torturer is still totally boinkable, despite a penchant for pain. Sawyer, however, got kicked off my sex wagon when he squished the frog last week. Yep, that's right. I'm one of those people: one who cares more about a frog than a human being. Deal with it.

I watched "Angel" because Wesley, like all nerds-who-aren't archetypes, fascinated me. Mal of "Firefly/Serenity" is okay, but it's really Zoe and Jayne that sit my ass in the chair. Back in the day, "X-Files" was all the better for a visit from the Lone Gunmen.

In print, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum is loads of fun, as long as Lula and Grandma Mazur are along.

My list of sloppy seconds, goes on and on, and my brain is still too unhinged from the weekend's migraines to list them all.

Who are your fave second fiddles in fiction and in film?

***
Have a great Wednesday.
P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005