Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, February 27, 2006

For Shame, Kirby

While some have trouble sorting out what to blog about, I'm typically overwhelmed. For example, today, I was at the horns of a dilemma. A snarky posting about how "most of the romances I've read seem to be written by talented sixteen-year old girls with neato ideas, but no clue how the world works," or "The complexity of naming mobile home parks--e.g. Tornado Acres or perhaps, Tornado Allegre"?

In the end, I opted for the trite list of linkies.

*Don Knott's has gone to the big apartment complex in the sky. Some irreverent humor in cartoon format.

*Some McSweeney's Humor for ya, THE FIVE MOST DANGEROUS CHILDREN'S BOOKS EVER WRITTEN, ACCORDING TO SEAN HANNITY

Goodnight Moon, uh-huh. I knew it all along.

(via Flat Land Big Sky)

*Doug Hoffman explains the clinical term testalgia. Testalgia, the nostalgia for ejaculation.

*Also via Mr. Hoffman, unintentional sexual innuendo in classic comics.

Robin, what have I done to you?


*This one's for my J-Man, the rest of ya'll can move along...It's POLITICAL. Thought you'd get a chuckle out of this one, love.

Didn't anyone in the Executive Branch look up from the Kool-Aid long enough to say "Hey, haven't we been telling people Arabs are, like, bad?


*You can't dress a skunk.

*And bulldogs are no help when doing pushups.

*Um, and The Casual Friday has had yet another interesting day.

My fave:
3. Followed around this kid wearing a F.B.I (Female Body Inspector) shirt and kept asking him to please kill himself.
***
Still in girly mode and writing my romance. Hope your Monday is terrif.

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005