Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yeah, I Got Nothing

**Can an orphan go to a family restaurant?

** Why does the local news always find the stupidest person to interview?

REPORTER:
"We're here in front of the remains of the trailer park which was ravaged by a gang of baboons. Here's an eyewitness. What did you see?"
PERSON ON THE STREET: [missing front teeth, wearing flip flops and sweatpants with the top rolled down, low-rise style]
"Well, uh, there were these monkeys, you know? And they were running around and throwing shit. No really, they were throwing shit. Anyways, uh, what was I talking about?"

**I swear every other woman I saw on the road today was driving under the influence of cell phone. The male ratio was more like one out of five. I bet every one of those guys was on the phone with a woman. They were driving under the influence of nagging:

"And don't forget to stop by the grocery store for milk. Are you listening to me?"
***
Anyway, I'm in a mood. The house is a mess again and the backyard is looking shabby. Maybe El Presidente would like to do some more brush clearing?

Happy Wednesday.
P.Kirby

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005