Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Evil Developers

A thousand lazy fat cells, grown plump on Holiday snacks, are eyeing the prime real estate on my thighs.

Hard working muscles would like to stake a claim, but need my help. Fat chance. Today I'm sitting on my ass, engaging in a post-holiday ritual--breaking in the Christmas swag, i.e., listening to new CDs.

So far this lot--soundtracks from Wicked, The Producers, Shrek, Shrek 2, and Shakira's "Fijacion Oral"--are good. Shrek though, is probably the only one consistent enough to go into high rotation.

We've all probably done it. Bought a CD because of a song, only to find the rest of the CD is mediocre at best. So when I find a CD that's good to the last note, it gets played, and played and played, until my husband threatens divorce.

Recent threats to domestic tranquility in Casa Kirby include:

Queensryche, "Operation Mindcrime"
Shakira, "Donde Estan Los Ladrones?"
EmmyLou Harris, "Cowgirl's Prayer"
EmmyLou Harris, "Red Dirt Girl"
AFI, "Sing the Sorrow"
The Lost Boys, Movie Soundtrack
Evanescence, "Fallen"
Sarah McLachlan, "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy"

Besides music appreciation, I'm going to be hooking up my new electronic drawing tablet, which if all things computer are alike, will probably involve blistering curse words. "Plug and play," my shiny white ass.

Regarding my butt, the fat cells have started construction on their condos. Hope everyone had a terrific holiday.

Pat K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005