Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

No NaNoWriMo



I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Just thought I'd say that just to be contrary.

Oh, don't flame me. I think NaNoWriMo is a terrific idea. But I'm 70K (words) into one project and 30K into another with a target of about 90K for both. I'm still determined to finish both before year's end.

Good luck to all who are participating. Get your outlines ready!

Today...light blogging because my old greyhound is at the vet's getting his teeth cleaned. Teeth will be extracted and my bank account emptied. I run on a crappy dial-up and have to keep a line open in case the vet calls.

This should mean lots of productivity. To stay off the Internet, I'm doing a lot more drawing, including some storyboarding and character sketches. One example is hidden in the "More Please" link.


Talis the dark elf. My anime roots are showing.

I'm learning the "ins and outs" of Adobe Photoshop. This week's exercise was layers. Five-year old kids color better than I do because I think in gesture and motion, not color. (Sort of like, when writing, I think in dialogue and action, not description.)

My first few weeks with Photoshop were filled with cursing that peeled the finish off the furniture, but I'm starting to like it.

I wonder what I should draw for Halloween? Witches, vampires, Nik the wonder horse dressed as a pumpkin?

Have a great Thursday.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005