Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Forty-three Percent of Workers Call in Well

The other fifty-seven percent are liars.

Oh, come on. Even my mother, Ms. So-Honest-She-Won't-Take-A-Paperclip calls in sick when she's well.

Some of the weirdest excuses:

*"I'm too drunk to drive to work."
*"I accidentally flushed my keys down the toilet."
*"My boyfriend's snake got loose and I am afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home."
*"I'm too fat to get into my work pants."
*"The ghosts in my house kept me up all night."
*"I forgot I was getting married today."
*"My cow bit me."
*"My son accidentally fell asleep next to wet cement in our backyard. His foot fell in and we can't get it out."
*"I was walking my dog and slipped on a toad in my driveway and hurt my back."

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005