Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Annoy An Arctic Bird

This week at work...
The bindery is moving in with the print shop. I expect un-funny hijinks.

Must poke a penguin. Doink, doink, doink! (via Guabancex Blog)

Reading...
Lots of stuff, but picked up Greg Keyes, The Charnel Prince. Don't understand the allure of overrated Jordan and Goodkind. Keyes can weave a superior yarn: fast-paced, his stories actually get somewhere.

Writing...
A few thousand over the past five days. Wrote crucial fight scene over the weekend--1800 words.

Went innactive with Critters. I'm trying to finish two manuscripts by year's end and just don't have the time. Frankly, I've been "phoning in" critiques, annoying since I take pride in detailed, well-thought out critiques. Writing them in MSWord so I can get a word count. "Am I at 200 words yet?" It been more like writing a book report in school. "This was a very, very, very, uh...very, very, very interesting story." Check word count. "But I think it needs lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of work" Check word count.

Laters,

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005