Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Random Six

Kitty Has No Sweet Tooth...
This explains much. Horses like sweet things like carrots and apples. I understand horses. Cats? Not so much.

Timid Movie Goers...?
Horror films aren't doing well at the box office.

Doncha Hate It When...?
You're just about to stake the big-bad vampire, and--Owee!--you get a splinter. Here's a cure.

The Religion of Battlestar Galactica...
Probably one of the few reasons I wish I had cable. Sounds like my kind of show.

via Renegade Mom

Cavemen Not Adequate...?
So Cave Gals had to resort to toys? Paleolithic infomercial: It's a sex toy; it's a blade sharpener; it'll Change Your Life.

Whiny Writers Out There...
Whether it be a critique (which you asked for) or a rejection from a editor/agent, for God's sake don't write back with a rebuttal. "But you just don't get it..." Well, duh, obviously.

Your sad little rebuttal accomplishes absolutely nothing. Yep, NOTHING. Think you are teaching them a lesson, perhaps? Think they'll mend their wicked ways, and realize that your story/novel is actually the next Hugo winner? Think your threat that you will never send them another manuscript leaves them devastated? Buzzz. Wrong.

From Miss Snark (MS):

Maria said...
I prefer comments, but I understand why agents/editors don't offer them. They don't want the boomerang.

MS: yup. I've had people send rejection letters back to me with no comments or cover letter ... as if to say "did you really mean to send this" I guess. I've had people write back and tell me I'm obviously missing what the writer meant to say (ya think that maybe might possibly indicate a problem with...the WRITING??) I've had people write and tell me I'm full of shit..but would I reconsider?

Basically, whiny rebuttals make you look like a horse's ass. (With apologies to the Nikster, who has a lovely ass.)

But do carry on...your bad behavior makes me look like Miss Manners.

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005