Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Not That There Was Any Doubt





Take the What High School
Stereotype Are You?
quiz.

via Monica Jackson

Corruption of The General...
Jesus' General has been drawn into the Harry Potter fervor. For shame, your godliness. And he's hopping mad.

A British Prime Minister, who was obviously based on Tony Blair, was the protagonist in that initial page. He was waiting for a telephone call from Our Leader, the President of the United States, a man he described as "wretched." I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this. After all, it is written in what is probably the most evil book to have ever been published in all of man's history.

Still, I'm so angry that every few minutes, I'm overcome with a furious rage that causes me to sit up in my bunker and bang my head on the sewer line that runs beneath our command trailer.

Oh, And More English Lessons...
Some names that end in "s" can be made possessive with just an apostrophe.

Exceptions are the possessives of ancient proper names in -es and -is [such as Achilles' and Isis'], the possessive Jesus', and such forms as for conscience' sake, for righteousness' sake.

--Strunk and White, The Elements of Style

The rest (singular nouns), however, do require an "'s". E.g., Charles's friend or Burns's poems not Charles' friend or Burns' poems. See this so many times at Critters, I don't even bother to correct it anymore.

The Second Picture is Funnier Than The First...
The first picture amuses, but the second begs the caption:

"If I reach into your chest, will I find a heart?"

Off to waste water with a long shower,

Toodles,

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005