Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Low Flow, High Flush

Maintaining my highbrow literary standards...

Was having an, er, argument with the toilet today. Without getting to specific, I'll just say it's a low-flow model. Needy and wanting affirmation, I went searching for other low-flow haters on the Net. The majority of rants date around 2000, which is a couple years after my house was built, those first heady days of low-flow. Ugh.

Ran into this oldy, circa 2003, regarding Anne Coulter's disdain for low flow toilets. In her usual stupidity, Coulter ruins a good point with ignorance. But one of the comments that follows is priceless.

Holy buttschnikes, something I hate as much as Ann Coulter! Low-flow toilets! When I was in college, I lived in a dorm that was a converted WWII BOQ (Bachelor Officer's Quarters.) My fellow Americans, THOSE were toilets. Good toilets. Solid toilets. Good solid American toilets. Toilets that flushed so hard, the wind blew your hair around. Toilets you could flush a midget down, if you really had to. Truly the Greatest Generation of Toilets.

So who do I have to kill to get one of those toilets?

Spaggetti-Ooohs...
Penis pasta! Found a picture on Dave Barry's blog; had to see where I could get me some.

Warning: Penis Pasta increases in size when cooked

But America's Children Are Already Fat...
At least they used to get a smidgen of exercise carrying textbooks.

"I'm sure there are going to be some adjustments. But we visited other schools using laptops. And at the schools with laptops, students were just more engaged than at non-laptop schools," he said.
Hmm. They were probably blog surfing.

Well, That Explains the DMV...
Johnny can't read and he's working at a state government job near you.

States spend nearly a quarter of a billion dollars a year on remedial writing instruction for their employees, according to a new report that says the indirect costs of sloppy writing probably hurt taxpayers even more.

Totally Warped...
I mean me, who else? It hasn't rained here in eons. Dry heat, ppppffftttt! Even with the drip system, my pretty flowers are fading. Dogs lie around the house all day doing nothing--oh, wait, that's what they always do.

While watching the morning news, saw wet mess that is Dennis and thought, "Florida's so lucky. They got rain."

Who do I have to sacrifice to get some rain?

Writing...
Not much this weekend. Gonna go do some.

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005