Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Friday, July 01, 2005

And Now For Something Completely

Squicky.

Rushing off to O.D. on a bottle of calcium.

More Men Than You Can Shake a Stick At...
Although...never mind...I'm a dirty, dirty girl.

Yummy icons for LJ folks

(Aw. Josh, a.k.a., Sawyer in his mismatched granny glasses)
via Flat Land, Big Sky

God's Take on Scientology...
He doesn't seem too impressed.

I wonder how much Hubbard and his estate makes off Scientology, the religion? Me thinks, in the internal quest for money, I should cook up a kooky religion based on my novels. Apparently, you don't have to be a great writer to do this. Just a great shoveler of shit. (As a horse owner, I get plenty of practice in that area.)

According to the doctrine concocted by sci-fi writer L. Ron Hubbard, intergalactic ruler Xenu banished a host of living beings to Earth (then called Teegeeack) millions of years ago to solve an overpopulation problem. Xenu placed the captive aliens in a volcano, then blew them up with hydrogen bombs - scattering their souls to infect humans with misery. Linky

I think my [novel's] backstory, creatures from alternate Planes and so forth, holds just as much water.

Arizona's Burning...
We're getting all their smoke. Makes for an interesting blood-orange sunrise.












Bugman of Bagdad...

Couple of nights ago, I found a scorpion and wind scorpion locked in battle on the bedroom floor. Knowing that our service people in Iraq and Afghanistan (remember Afghanistan?), see far worse, this sounds like a splendid idea.

Yes, I'm Aware of O'Conner's Announcement...
Lest I demonstrate my fantastic prescient powers and predict that Not-My-President will nominate someone who makes the Spanish Inquisition's torturers seem like girly-man liberals...I'll just move on. It's Friday. Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

Writing...
Got in another 1000 yesterday on book two. Still totally in that mode. Off to lay down some word sod--efforts to be periodically interrupted by visits with Nikster the horse god. That is, provided I don't get sidetracked on the Alien Loves Predator site. Crap, I think I'm addicted.

Asta.

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005