Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Monday, June 27, 2005

What? The Garrotte Isn't Covered By My Plan?

INT. PRINT SHOP IN ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO--DAY
Arriving at work at the infernal hour of 7am, I see that only one of my employers, BOSSMAN*, is present

ME
What, only one fearless leader?

BOSSMAN
Bosslady said something about seeing a doctor. I fear she's lost in the bowels of the American medical system.

ME
Yikes

BOSSMAN
Managed healthcare is a like the Spanish Inquisition.

ME
Only with needles and paperwork instead of thumbscrews and the rack.

BOSSMAN
Except the Inquisition was more cost effective.

ME
Yeah. No deductibles.

BOSSMAN
Universal coverage.

ME
Get a spinal adjustment on the rack; no bill

Crap, I was born in the wrong millenium.

###

*Names changed to protect my state of employment.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005