Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Girly Slaps

I'm sorry. Your crappy little home isn't making the municipality any money. Here come the dozers and a Wal-Mart superstore.

Apparently Some Pharmacists...
Have attended the Tom Cruise School of Pharmacology/Scientology

Huh. So maybe I should get a job at a car dealership and then refuse to sell gas-guzzling SUVs because doing so violates my beliefs.

via Covington
Replace them with vending machines if they won't do their jobs. But really, these fuckers need jail time for refusing to dispense medication to those in need.

Kick 'Em Where it Counts...
Yes, Mom, I mean you. Danny Glover's take on Wal-Mart. Yes, he's rich. He can afford to boycott, you say. Am I rich? Hell, me and J-man are barely middle class. Think you're progressive? Radical? Put your money where your mouth is.

See, folks. Even my poor Mom isn't immune.

In the Funnies...
Opponents of GMO's are once again impeding progress in American agriculture, opposing the use of an environmentally friendly farm tool.

Listening to...
Type O Negative. But, really, I don't write vampire novels.

Reading...
Got sidetracked with Constantine: The HellBlazer Collection and Neil Gaiman's The Sandman: The Doll's House. Graphic novels/pretty pictures.

Writing...
Rewriting an earlier chapter. Something I don't normally do, but this sucker is a train wreck and skull is buzzing with dialogue. (Yep, I'm off the meds.)

Asta luego

P.K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005