Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Monkey Business and The Bush Twins

INT. A P.O.S. KOREAN CAR ON COORS BLVD, ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO--DAY

The J-man and I take note of a huge inflatable gorilla wearing red shorts and yellow T-shirt that stands in a car dealership's parking lot.

J-MAN
Why a gorilla?

ME
Dunno. Because it's a huge car sale? A sale of King Kong proportions?

J-MAN
King Kong didn't wear pants.

ME
Yeah, and you think he should be nekkid? In today's climate?

J-MAN
Oh. The wingnuts wouldn't like that.

ME
Janet Jackson's nipplage almost unraveled the fabric of Wingnuttery's Universe. A giant gorilla's Mr. Floppy would send them over the edge. I'm surprised they haven't gone after zoo animals. You know, shit flinging, fornicating monkeys and so forth?

J-MAN
Won't be long, I bet.

ME
I wonder how Peter Jackson will handle the matter? A tasteful loincloth a la Gollum, perhaps?

Because Wonkette Gives Me a Big Panting Happy...
Forget Paris Hilton, I wanna be a blissfully unemployed Bush twin. On the other hand, I'd rather be Me than be Jenna's ex. On behalf of the Sherpas, I'm offended by the comparison.

Hugs,
Moi

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005