Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bloggy Chaos

No rhyme or reason, just crap I gacked from everywhere.

Last night watched part of the movie "Star Trek: Nemesis."

Lent to us by a friend, we've seen it, but the J-man couldn't remember it. It starts off interestingly enough. The Romulan senate gets fried; krispy Romulans look a lot like krispy vampires. Then the movie moves on to the stupid and totally plot-irrelevant wedding of Deanna and Riker. Deana is wearing a ghastly pink, ruffled dress. Ack! They have pink and ruffled in the future? Thank God I'm mortal and won't live to see that. Then comes a Max Max style car chase on a planet that looks a lot like New Mexico. Then, because my snark was interfering with the J-man's movie experience, I wander away.

Et Tu, Firefox?
So I switch to cool little alternative browser Foxfire, in part because of hijacker attacks on my computer. Seems a lot of other people did too, and now it's catching the attention of the hijacker types and has a known flaw. Well...crap.

Romance Novel Snark...
Things I Will Never Hear Being Said In A Very Formulaic Cheesy Dara-Joy Kinley McGregor Or Other-ish Wannabe Book.

"I told you to stop reading my mind and contacting me telepathically, Mr Know-It-All Vampiric Carpetdude! Serves you right for learning that I was fantasizing that I was shagging Hugh Jackman instead of you just now!"

"Oh, yeah, Hugh, mmmm, yeah baby, right there, you know what I like..."

Hee. Makes note to add Mrs. Giggles to Blog links

An Interesting Take On Some Romance Writers...
Linky-dinky from PBW

"Organized romance writers have an extremely complicated hierarchal system that runs on who's your buddy and nice-girl censorship, and often takes years of study to simply fathom, unless you apply this simple template: the romance community is high school. Remember all those bitches in high school, and what they did? Exactly"

Heh. Oh, yeah, I remember those bitches. Fortunately, most are now living in a trailer home with their five illegitimate children.

Or, if PBW is correct, writing romance fiction. Yikes!

Teen Sex Survey...
What Teens in Central Valley Have to Say About Sex

Interesting, although I don't think I'd entirely attribute immaturity to a lack of sex. (Sometimes the opposite is true.)

My J-man pointed this one out.
An enlightening look into the cavernous space of Dubya's mind from one of his college professors.

"In those days, Bush belonged to a minority of MBA students who were seriously disconnected from taking the moral and social responsibility for their actions. Today, he would fit in comfortably with an overwhelming majority of business students and teachers whose role models are celebrated captains of piracy. Since the 1980s, as neo-conservatives have captured the Republican Party, America's business education has also increasingly become contaminated by the robber baron culture of the pre-Great Depression era."

More from the same...
Regarding the insiduous creeping sludge of faith-based justice. Ironic, huh? When the Muslims implement Sharia (faith-based) law it's wrong. But it's just peachy if the flavour of religion is Christian.

How Do They Know What Colour It Is...?
The following link might not go over well in workplaces that have censors. Anyway, via Monica Jackson, found this reference to bleaching somethin' down south. And I'm not talking about the carpet. My question is, how does a person know what colour their sphincter is? Do they hold a compact mirror down there?

In the immortal word of a college friend, "Ish."

Off to do writing stuff...

Love,
Me

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005