Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Week Ending Controversy

As I point out in the previous posting, I like controversy. To end the week, here's a link to Pharyngula, discussing the notion that science and "humanity" (morality, etc.) are incompatible.

My favourite part:
Isn't it amazing how some people think that one day, they can love another person, and the next, if they should learn about atoms or genes, love becomes entirely illusory and vanishes, replaced by nothing but meat and matter? I think that means their knowledge of love must be shallow, not that biology and physics are false.

People who fear science scare me.

Because Gay People are Eeevil...
Alabama State Representative Gerald Allen (a Republican, surprise-surprise) has initiated a bill that would make it so that:

...public school libraries could no longer buy new copies of plays or books by gay authors, or about gay characters.

Well, there go my sales in Alabama. Regan O'Connell, the protag in The Music of Chaos, has a lesbian aunt. In Pinocchio in Reverse, heroine Maya has a male best friend who is in a committed relationship with...gasp, another man.

I should be strung out by my entrails for writing such filth.

Welcome to George Dubya Bush's America.

Happy weekend,
Me

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005