Ramblings from the Desert

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~Benjamin Franklin

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Author of the urban fantasy novel, The Music of Chaos, and the paranormal romance, The Canvas Thief.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Fish Pee

Still slightly soggy.

It rained most of the day yesterday. Absolutely unheard of weather in these parts. In honor of the occassion, the J-man and I slept in late. Well, okay, we always sleep in on Saturdays or any other when we don't have to go to work. But we were able to do so, guilt-free, since there wasn't much we could do, outside anyway, in the rain.

I chipped away at Janet Evanovich's Metro Girl--which I think is overdue at the library, oops--and Justin and I contemplate great imponderables like "Do Fish Pee?" and "Why is Bird Poop White?"

I gave the fish question a whirl on Google and learned that yes, indeed, they do pee. It isn't unusual to catch my aquarium fish in the act of pooping, a tiny turd hanging from an, er orifice. But no tiny plumes of yellow water. Hence, the question. Anyway, fresh water fish squirt out small amounts of diluted pee--frequently.

While looking that up, ran into a squick-tacular article about a South American fish that supposedly swims up human orifices. http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000519.html Ick.

Saw a funny bumper sticker on a car in the PetSmart parking lot. "Jesus was a Liberal."
Snerk.

Writing...
Not much yesterday. Did the weekly critique thing for Critters. Today I'm aiming for a thousand words on either novel. First, I have to deal with my two aquariums full of peeing, finny things.

Cheers,

P. K.

 

Graphics and Content Copyright © Patricia Kirby 2005